Monday, September 13, 2010
Disney announces "Toy Story 3" DVD/Blu-ray details
BURBANK, Calif., September 2010 -- They're back! Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios present the critically-acclaimed, global box office smash Toy Story 3, an exciting, heart-warming story filled with humor, adventure and surprises, that reunites America's favorite animated toys, Buzz and Woody, and introduces a whole new set of favorites to audiences around the globe. The world's #1 animated film in box office history and The Walt Disney Company's second biggest film of all time, Toy Story 3 will be released on Blu-ray and DVD November 2 by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
Families won't want to miss adding the Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2 Disc Blu-ray or the DVD edition of Toy Story 3 to their home movie collections. Fans of all ages who have come to love and cherish these unique characters, can explore them in a whole new way as the Disney●Pixar team provides a more in-depth look into Pixar Animation Studios and the creation of its characters with hours of exclusive bonus features on the Blu-ray Disc version of the film including filmmaker commentary with Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson, amusing views of life at Pixar, analysis of favorite scenes, the Toy Story Trivia Dash game, and much, much more!
Toy Story 3 marks Pixar veteran Lee Unkrich's feature directorial debut and the return of Pixar's favorite composer Randy Newman, with the addition of Academy Award®-winner Michael Arndt's (Little Miss Sunshine) compelling original screenplay. Tom Hanks (Angels & Demons), Tim Allen (The Santa Clause), Joan Cusack (Confessions of a Shopaholic), John Ratzenberger (Up) and Don Rickles (Toy Story 2) reprise their roles as the voices of the iconic characters Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Hamm and Mr. Potato Head, respectively, and are joined by new characters voiced by Michael Keaton (Herbie Fully Loaded) as Barbie's romantic foil Ken, Timothy Dalton (Hot Fuzz) as the thespian hedgehog Mr. Pricklepants, and Ned Beatty (Rudy) as the cuddly Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear, among many others, as the toys face a new adventure as Andy prepares to go off to college.
Suggested retail prices for Toy Story 3 are $45.99 (US)/$52.99 (Canada) for the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), $39.99 (US)/$47.99 (Canada) for the 2-Disc Blu-ray, and $29.99 (US)/$35.99 (Canada) for the Single Disc DVD.
Also available on November 2 is an exciting Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection that contains all three Toy Story releases on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital copy. Priced at $100.00 (US)/$115 (Canada), this release contains:
• Toy Story - 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
• Toy Story 2 - 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
• Toy Story 3 - 1 Disc DVD; 2 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
Toy Story 3 - Bonus Features:
• Day & Night - The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
• Toys! - A closer look at all of Toy Story 3's beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie's Room toys.
• Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure - Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz's visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz's triumphant return to Earth.
• Paths to Pixar: Editorial - Pixar editors, past and future share anecdotes about their careers.
• The Gang's All Here - A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
• A Toy's Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land - A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
• Studio Stories - A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
"Where's Gordon?" - An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar.
"Cereal Bar" - The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
"Clean Start" - The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: Everything on the DVD plus...
• Toy Story Trivia Dash - This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
• Cine-Explore - Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
• Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art and Animation - Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
• Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion - Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
• Bonnie's Playtime: A Story Roundtable - A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the "Bonnie's Playtime" scene to life.
• Roundin' Up A Western Opening - The development of the movie's exciting opening scene.
• Life Of A Shot - Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film's "Western Opening."
• Goodbye Andy - An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene "Andy's Goodbye."
• Accidental Toymakers - By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
• Making of Day & Night - The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.